Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom

2 posters

Go down

There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Empty There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom

Post by Helena Coleman Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Mondays.... There most certainly weren't one of Helena's favourite days. At least not during her time at university. That had changed a little ever since she started working the night shift at the Crime Lab. Now it was working on any day at the week, even a sunday if she had to, like last night.
Now she was a bit tired, but already sitting in Class again. Her Chemistry class. A few weeks ago she had decided to go back to uni and add a chemistry degree, so she would be fully capable of anything around the lab. While she had to work the night shift, it worked just perfectly fine. Well, not perfectly, but it worked.
Thing was, she hadn't told her boss yet, that she was back to studying while she was working. At that point she didn't really think that it would matter, until today, when they would meet at the university when a crime was committed at the university that she went to.
At one point throughout the class, one of the students started coughing after taking a sip out of a water bottle, unable to really breath. Before anyone could really do something, the young man dropped dead.

Helena was the first to call the police, being closest to the victim and a trained CSI, she had checked on the young man, named Paul Winters. Now she had made sure no one left the scene and was waiting for the cops and the CSIs to arrive. She was off duty, so she couldn't do anything right now.

Last edited by Helena Coleman on Mon May 13, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Empty Re: There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom

Post by Gil Grissom Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am

Grissom couldn't help but grumbling all the way to the university, Sara lending a sympathetic ear. The day-shift were all maxed out, and so Ecklie had called in Grissom, who had consequently grabbed the only CSI who he knew could stay up days on end if needed. Sometimes Grissom wondered whether the female was actually a vampire, one of those new ones that needed no sleep.

Arriving to the crime scene, Sara trailing silently behind, Grissom shut up. "Have you ID'ed the victim?" he asked the responding officer, eyes sliding over someone familiar. His brain clicked and he did a double-take; it was one of his CSIs, Helena Coleman. "Hold that thought," he cut the officer off, before walking over to Helena. "Helena, what are you doing here?"
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

https://welcome-to-sin-city.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom Empty Re: There are deadly Chemicals, class || Grissom

Post by Helena Coleman Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am

And there is was, the moment that Helena was a little bit afraid of. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves a little, before she offered her boss a small smile, looking at him.
"Well... I am... taking Chemistry classes to add that to my degree and uh... I wanted to tell you sooner, but got kinda caught up, so..." she explained a little nervously, biting her lower lip, fearing for something bad to happed, though there was no reason to, but it was just who she was.
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Grissom Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 am

"Oh." The one word left Grissom's lips as he thought about this new development. "Well, good on you," he told her, giving her a small smile. "Any other secrets, while I'm here?" he asked, joking in his tone.
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena Coleman Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:37 am

Helena's mouth dropped for a second but then it cracked into a smile. She hadn't thought about that outcome, but it was pretty good to know that he didn't seem to be mad at her.
"Yes one... COD of the victim." she replied in a more serious tone, but with a smirk.
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Grissom Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Gil raised an eyebrow. "You didn't touch the victim, did you? Surely you know better than that..."
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena Coleman Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 pm

"I haven't done anything. I just checked his puls when he dropped from his place.... oh... and I called 9-1-1. Off duty of course." she replied quickly. She hadn't done anything else, she knew that she should never do anything else but that. Years of training. And it wasn't her first field day after all.
"Oh... and I made sure everyone stayed calm and on their places." she added.

Not that she was looking for a praise, but it would certainly make her day if she did hear something like that from her boss.
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Grissom Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Grissom gave a slow nod, and another smile graced his lips. "Good. Seeing as you're here, then, would you like to come help?"
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena Coleman Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Helena shrugged a little, but the small smile never left her lips. "Sure, Class won't go on now anyway." she replied with a nod. She got a hair tie out of her pocket and tied her long blond hair into a pony tail. "What shall I do?" she asked eagerly, though she was a bit tired.
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Grissom Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:48 pm

"Well, first thing's first: who is this gentleman and what happened?" he asked her, trying to hide his slight smirk at her eagerness.
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena Coleman Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:40 am

Helena nodded, her face serious, yet eager as always.
"Well, this nice guy is Paul Winters, he was a fellow chemistry student." she started to explain. "Since I was concentrating on the lecture, I'm not quite sure what exactly happened, but I think he took a sip out of the bottle next to him and then started coughing. Next thing I saw was him falling to the ground. That's when I called 911 and went to check on him, but he was already dead. The medics tried to revive him though."
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Grissom Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Grissom gave a nod. "That's good, thank you. I figured the paramedics would have tried. Any minute evidence here would probably be long gone. Though it's highly doubtful there's as much evidence here as we'd like. Right, so, do you have your kit here by chance?"
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena Coleman Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Helena gave a small smirk in reply. "Out in my car. I just need to get it." she replied at his question. She knew that it would've some kind of advantage to keep her kit in her car at all times. Moments like now. "Shall I?"
She was a tiny bit tired, but her work-mode had kicked in long ago and she was eager to help as much as she could. She just had to hide her yawn.
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Grissom Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:04 pm

A slight smile played on the supervisor's lips as he heard the news. "Perfect. Yeah, go grab it and hurry back." It was nice to see another familiar night-shift face here. One that actually displayed signs of fatigue underneath the chirpy appearance. A reassuring change from Sara.

"And if you could find a coffee somewhere, bring one with you," he added, turning to hide his own yawn.
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena Coleman Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Helena gave her boss a slight giggle and nodded in reply. Oh yes, coffee was a very good idea. Very, very good. Otherwise she'd drop to the ground and sleep within a few hours for sure.
"Will do." she replied, before she turned and hurried out of the room to get her kit out of her car and bring coffee with her on the way back.

Sara watched Helena walk out of the room and slightly raised her brows. "Good to see that much enthusiasm." she said, before she started to look around the crime scene.
Helena Coleman
Helena Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down