Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

2 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Empty Re: Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:44 am

Nicole listened to Danny say that to him, then took his hand in her's. She could tell that he was worked up and that he had fully processed what was on his mind. Nicole felt powerless to help him, but she didn't let it show as she stood there with him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 2 Empty Re: Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:50 am

Danny sighed, then looked up, turning to the door. Right now, there was so much on his mind to process, something that Nicole said and then his grandfather passing away... how was he supposed to handle it? He needed to get a few days off and he knew, since he never asked for them, Palmer would be glad to grant them that time. He was understanding enough.

"Well, I'll... leave you to it." Danny said to Nicole. "If you need anything... you know where I'll be."

With that he walked to the door, actually being the one needing something. But he didn't say a word, he didn't want to do something that might make her uncomfortable. And that way, he wouldn't even be tempted.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:47 am

Nicole nodded a bit when Danny said that to her. "Night Danny" she replied softly before going over to the bed. She got in after removing her pants and hoodie, gently resting her head on the soft pillow. Seconds later, Nicole was out and in dreamland again.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:20 am

Danny left the room, closing the door behind him and went to sit down on his couch again. Sleeping wasn't on his mind right now. He was too worked up for that. Oscar joined him on the couch, laying down close to him, sensing that something was up with him.

Danny rested his arms on his knees, after he picked up the almost empty glass of Whiskey he had left from earlier. He stared into the liquid, realization finally hitting him with full force.

As much as he tried, he couldn't hold back the tears glistening in his eyes for very long. Eventually he was forced to give in to his emotions, not able to hold back. But he didn't move, the whole time. He just stared into the glass in his hands, while tears were rolling down his cheeks. Yes, even grown men cry sometimes. There was no shame in it, not now.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:30 am

Nicole woke up seconds later, sensing that something was wrong.  She got up and went over to Danny as he sat on the couch, hearing him cry.  Not saying a word, she walked over and sat next to Danny, gently putting his arms around him as she sat there.  Nicole just held Danny and let him let it all out.  She knew that this was important for Danny to do right now so she just held him and didn't say a word.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:40 am

Danny sensed her prensence before she even was with him. He knew that she was coming, but he didn't really care if she saw him like that. But it felt better to have her close right now, even if she couldn't say or do anything, but the fact that she actually had her arms around him, being there for him... that meant everything to him.

Danny set the glass back down onto the table, not even taking a single sip of it. He wiped his face, but didn't look at Nicole. He just looked at his hands, while he couldn't really hold back all those feelings he had. It felt strange, yet it was like getting weight off his shoulder.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:00 am

Nicole continued to hold Danny as she sat there with him. She had a feeling that he felt better with her being there. Nicole slowly pulled back and looked at him while taking his hand at the same time. "Want to talk about it?" she asked gently after a few moments of silence between them.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 am

Danny closed his eyes for a moment, when Nicole took his hand, contemplating her question. He didn't know if he wanted to talk about anything right now. He didn't even know what he should say. There was just so much confusion in his mind right now, so many different thoughts, feelings and memories. It just didn't really make sense at the moment.

"Dunno..." he said after a moment, his mixed feelings evident in his voice. "Just doesn't make sense... don't even know what to talk about. Just seems so sudden, although I feared that day was coming."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:35 am

Nicole nodded a bit when Danny said that. "It won't make sence right away Danny, you have to give it time." she said to him honestly while holding his hand in her's.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 pm

"I know that." Danny said firmly, but it wasn't actually the way he wanted to say it. It came out a little snappy and that was in no way fair. "Sorry." he added quietly.

He rested his ellbows on his knees and burried his face in his hands for a moment there, not sure what to do right now. He had his outburst of emotions, something he wasn't quite used to anymore, not since Anna left him anway. It felt strange and yet also relieving.

"Y'know... I talked to my grandmother just the other day... she said things weren't so good, but I didn't know they were this bad." Danny then explained, making a small sniff sound, because his nose was actually running just a little.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Nicole nodded a bit as she listened to Danny tell her that. "Its okay Danny" she replied in kind after he said sorry to her. "I take it he didn't give you much detail on what happened?" she asked in the same gentle tone. Nicole didn't notice it, but there was a motherly tone to her voice as she spoke to Danny.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Danny sighed, rubbing his face with his hands, before he looked back at the glass on the table. He was really tempted to reach out and empty it, just to try and forget about the news he just received and the thoughts and feelings it brought up, but he was stronger than that. What good would it do if he was drunk?
However, Danny took the glass back into his hand and took a small sip of the golden liquid. Upon swollowing he asked himself why he even drank it pure again. He usually never did, because he didn't like the taste of pure Whiskey, least not this one.

"No... she didn't say much about it." Danny then answered Nicole's question. "She only told me that he had a seizure a couple of days ago. Said he hit his head. That's all I know so far. My grandmother mentioned that the doctors said his heart was too weakened... and he always had a heart condition."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 pm

Nicole nodded a bit when Danny said that, knowing that Danny was a greater risk to that. "I see" she said softly while sitting there with him, it was clear that Nicole was worried for him. "Want me to stay with you?" she asked off the cuff while watching him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:39 pm

He was caught off guard by her question, but he didn't need to think about the answer. Of course he wanted her to stay with him, but he didn't say it. He said it earlier and it had left him here, on his couch like this. And then again, Danny wouldn't take that choice off her hands. If she wanted to, he wouldn't fuss, but he wouldn't make her.

Danny looked up and at Nicole, his brown eyes settling on her. There was a soft, yet sad look in them, the natural playful spark was gone.
"You know I do." he said quietly. "But it's not up to me. It's your choice."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Nicole noticed the look in Danny eyes as he looked at her. "I'm not leaving you Danny" she said to him honestly. "You stay on the couch, I'll sleep on the floor." she added. Nicole went back to the guest room and got the blankets and one of the pillows. After returning, Nicole set up a makeshift bed on the floor next to the couch.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Danny shook his head a little, actually smirking a little to himself, while he was watching Nicole set up her 'bed' on the floor in front of the couch.
"You do realize that it's much more comfortable if I'd just go to bed and take you with me, right?" he eventually asked her.

After all, he had offered that option to her earlier. And by all means, he did not have any hidden intentions as he said it. He just didn't want her sleeping on the floor, because he knew from experience just how uncomfortable that was. And his bed was big enough for two anyway.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:41 am

Nicole looked at Danny when he said that to her. "I know Danny" she replied gently, yet honestly while looking at him. She then laid down on the makeshift bed she had made. It was clear that she was used to doing this and that it didn't bother her at all. Nicole soon closed her eyes and feel back asleep after adjusting the pillow.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:48 am

Danny shook his head a little, watching Nicole for a moment. Eventully he lie down on his side, but it felt weird, sleeping on the couch in his own apartment. And Oscar was just as confused. He sneaked around Nicole's makeshift bed, not sure what to make of it. Eventually the cat curled up in the hammock of his scratching tree, next to the couch.

While Danny let the floor lamp next to the couch on, so there would be a dim light just in case, he looked ahead, his eyes wandering around the room, until they settled on one spot. He would be lying awake for a long time that night.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:52 am

Nicole slept soundly that night. The next morning, she was up before Danny, not knowing that he didn't get much sleep. She carefully made her way to the bathroom and splashed water in her face, then looked at herself in the mirror. What else can I do for him? she asked herself while standing there.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 am

Danny had fallen asleep eventually, but just about three hours before Nicole woke up. And he didn't really sleep well, either. It was a pretty fretful, restless sleep that he fell into out of exhaustion.
The sound of the bathroom door woke Danny up. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times, only to moan a little and close them again. He rolled onto his back and put the back of his hand against his forehead. He wasn't even up yet, but already had a headache. He decided to keep his eyes shut and rest a little longer, just until Nicole would be back.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 am

Nicole soon walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. Once there, she started to cook for herself and Danny, taking care not to make too much of a racket.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:19 am

Danny heard her, being already awake. He didn't move, but instead he just stayed put. "Mornin'..." he mumbled in a low tone when she walked by. He looked at her for a moment, before closing his eyes again, the light actually hurting his eyes, because of that stupid headache. He hated those days, he really did.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 am

Nicole looked over to Danny when she heard him. "Morning" she replied while standing there in her Royal Australian Infantry Corps shirt and grey shorts. It was not lost on her that Danny didn't get much sleep last night so there was no need for her to say anything about it.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 am

A tiny smile came to his face, hearing her voice. He slowly sat up on the couch, a deep frown on his face. He got up from the couch a little too fast for his tired body, so he felt a little dizzy, almost lost his balance after standing up.
"Ouch..." he uttered under his breath, before he walked over to the bar of the kitchen, resting his elbows on the counter.

"You sleep okay?" he asked, keeping his voice low, for his own sake.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:45 am

"I did" Nicole said to him in reply while looking over to Danny as she said that.  She could tell that he had to be in pain. "Can I get you anything for the pain?" she asked while watching him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next