Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Dr. Gilbert Grissom

Go down

Dr. Gilbert Grissom Empty Dr. Gilbert Grissom

Post by Gil Grissom Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:29 am

Dr. Gilbert "Gil" Grissom
Dr. Gilbert Grissom Tumblr_m922hqmfO41r4w48ko1_250
Nickname/s: Gil, Gris, "Bug Man"
Age/DOB: August 17
Marital Status: Single
Sexuality: Straight
Play By: William Petersen
CSI
Current Residence: Las Vegas

We look at each case objectively, without presupposition, regardless of race, color, creed, or bubblegum flavor.
Grissom

Personality: Originally Grissom was a witty, enthusiastic and quirky scientist, who had some sense of humor. He flirted regularly and seemed to be constantly in a hyperactive state. However, when he began to lose his hearing, Grissom retreated into himself and became easily irritable and unapproachable. After his surgery, he lightened up a bit, but never returned to the whimsical science nerd he once was.

Grissom is often regarded as well-educated, but unusual in his approach toward his work and social life. Some of his comments and actions can be seen to dumbfound his co-workers and superiors and his relationship with his subordinates in the office is portrayed as being a father figure to the team, but very professional in his work. Despite being calm, Grissom can get very angry or annoyed if interrupted during an interrogation.

Although he is very dedicated to his job and sometimes goes to extremes in his investigations, his unwillingness to dabble in office politics often alienates his superiors, and sometimes his subordinates. He gets a lot of help in these areas from right-hand woman Catherine Willows, who is always trying to make him "look up from the microscope". He has also expressed distaste for carrying a firearm when in the field, a tendency that has brought several scoldings from co-worker Jim Brass. Despite this, he has proven to have an exceptional accuracy at the firing range.

He once listed his hobbies to Lady Heather: "I have outlets. I read. I study bugs. I sometimes even ride roller coasters". Indeed, he has proven to be a very cultured man on many occasions, having a wide knowledge of history, literature and art. He often offers quotes from a variety of literary sources, including Shakespeare and Keats. Later he reveals himself to be a baseball fan. However, Grissom is not too familiar with popular culture.

Being an entomologist, he has a wide and varied knowledge of insects, which he applies to his investigations. This has led to his nickname, "The Bug Man". Originally, he was referred as "Gruesome Grissom" for his sometimes morbid fascination with the more bizarre aspects of man and nature. Grissom keeps a variety of specimens in his office, including a radiated fetal pig, a tarantula, and a two-headed scorpion. He also has a bulletin board that looks like a fish on which unsolved cases go: "the ones that got away".

History:
Gilbert "Gil" Grissom was born on August 17, as an only child to a middle-class family in Santa Monica, California. Grissom's father taught botany at a local college and passed his enthusiasm for natural sciences onto his son. His father died when Grissom was 9 years old. Grissom recalls the day his father died: "He came home from school, one hot humid day, laid down on the couch. I was watching TV, my mom brought in some cold drinks, but she couldn't wake him up. No one would tell me why." Consequently, as a young child, Grissom played doctor by performing necropsies on small, deceased animals in the local area. Gil's mother, Betty, who was rendered deaf by the genetic disorder Otosclerosis, was responsible for his love of books. As a result of his mother's deafness, Gil became fluent in American Sign Language in order to be able to communicate with her. It becomes clear that Gil is also beginning to suffer with the degenerative disease; however, after seeking medical treatment, the disease was prevented from developing.

When he was in college, Grissom financed his first body farm with his winnings from a high stakes poker game. At the same time, he also attended boxing matches to learn about the patterns of bruise formations on bodies and eventual blood spatters from the injuries. He went on to become a forensic entomologist. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology magna cum laude from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and his Ph.D. in biology from the University of Chicago.

Later, Grissom became a crime scene investigator. He spent time in Minneapolis, before taking a job in Las Vegas. He became the night shift team supervisor for the Las Vegas CSI unit after Jim Brass got demoted following the death of co-worker Holly Gribbs.

Concentrate on what cannot lie: the evidence.
Grissom
Alias: Calypso, Michi (only for administration)
Means of Contact/s: PM
Other Characters: N/A
Gil Grissom
Gil Grissom

https://welcome-to-sin-city.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down