Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Close to Home || Danny

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Close to Home || Danny - Page 3 Empty Re: Close to Home || Danny

Post by Nicole Byrne Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:05 am

Nicole nodded in agreement when Danny said that. "Agreed, but never hurts to be prepared." she said to him gently while standing there. As she said that, Merlin walked over to her. Nicole looked down at the dog, then reached down and pet him. Merlin looked up and barked softly, it was clear that he was worried for his mom.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:49 am

Danny nodded a little in reply. He was worried, too. Not really about the fact that this guy could be coming back again, but about how Nicole would deal with all of this. He just wanted her to be okay and he would be there for her, no matter what.
"True." Danny said with a small nod, a slightly concerned look in his usually warm brown eyes.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:16 am

Nicole noticed it when she looked at him. "Danny, theres nothing to be concerned about, both of us are well trained." she said to him honestly while standing there with Merlin in her arms. It was obvious that Nicole was confidant in her skills, which she should be as she practiced at the range three times a week and was doing her hand to hand combat every day.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Danny sighed a little, looking away for a moment. He knew that they were well-trained. That wasn't what he was concerned about, at least not the only thing. Who knew what this guy had up his sleeve? And he was never over-confident about his skills, there was always someone who could be better, or who wasn't playing fair. That was what he was concerned about.
Looking back at Nicole he had a serious look on his face.
"Being well-trained doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned." he said seriously. "I know what I can do and what I can't do. I'm not one to be over-confident and forget that others don't play fair."

Outside, sitting in his car, Guy Harris was thinking through different scenarios of how this would go down tonight. But neither of them included a second person being present. He figured that Nicole was all by herself and he would have an easy game. He didn't know that Danny would be there, being in the way of his plans.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Nicole listened to Danny as he said that to her, then nodded a bit. "I know Danny....I didn't want that to sound like I don't know my limits or the like." she said to him honestly before setting Merlin down. After doing so, she walked over to the kitchen and filled the plastic cup she had sitting next to the sink. She took a big drink after getting the cup filled and shutting the water off.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 am

Danny sighed a little, standing in the room like he was frozen in place. He didn't know how to deal with this situation because he never figured they'd ever be in a situation like that. He didn't want Nicole to go through all of this... he'd much rather take it himself.
"I'm sorry." he said quietly. He knew he shouldn't have said it like that, but in moments like these, it was just who he was. He didn't want to see her get hurt.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:10 am

Nicole looked up when Danny said that to her. "No worries mate" she replied, smiling a little at the same time. She kissed Danny on the cheek, then went to feed Merlin. Merlin stood next to Nicole while watching her fill his bowl. He barked softly, as if saying to hurry up. Nicole looked over to him when he did that. "Keep your knickers on Merlin." she said to him, smiling a little.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:45 am

Danny nodded and watched Nicole. He smiled a little, seeing how excited Merlin got when Nicole filled up his bowl. It reminded him of Oscar, because he was just the same when it was time for breakfast, or dinner.
Danny walked over to Nicole and leaned against the kitchen counter, his back toward the counter. He watched her feed Merlin, just standing there in silence, that small smile on his face. It was all he needed right now. Although he did want to do something else, but it wasn't the time for that, yet.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:57 am

Nicole stood back and let Merlin start to eat after she finished. "Eat up Merlin" she said to him. Merlin walked up and started to eat after Nicole said that. Nicole smiled a little as she watched, her hand resting on the back of her glock as she stood there. While waiting for him to finished, Nicole looked out the window that was across from her, not seeing Guy Harris's car at first.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:07 am

But Guy Harris saw Nicole and he made sure that she didn't notice he was there. He was very good at hiding and blending in, it was what his spree so successful, without being caught. However, tonight he was running out of luck, which he didn't know yet.

Danny sighed quietly, watching Nicole from the kitchen. He didn't know what to do right now. His instincts told him something was going to happen tonight and he knew better than to just ignore it. He knew to trust his instincts and be prepared, but for Nicole's sake he wished that he was wrong this time.
"You should get some rest, Nic." he said gently.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 am

Nicole looked at Danny when he said that, then nodded a bit in reply. "Make sure Merlin finishes up.....and keep your eyes open, I have a feeling someone is watching us." she said to him before going to her room. Once there, Nicole set her gun on the stand next to her bed, then laid down on her side and closed her eyes.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Danny nodded a little, watching Nicole walk to her bedroom. He would've stayed with her tonight, if she wanted him to. At the same time though, he had a feeling that he was needed out here, just to keep an eye on things. However, he would turn out the lights eventually, if this guy was to come back, he wouldn't do so if he saw the lights.
"Don't worry, Nic." he said to her. "I won't let anyone hurt a hair on your head. I promise."

And he would make sure to keep that promise he just made. It was a matter of his pride and just the way he was, too. While he knew that Nicole could take care of herself and defend herself, he still was a man who protected those he cared about and especially his wife-to-be and his family.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:33 am

Back in the room, Nicole closed her eyes, falling into a light sleep. She knew that Danny wouldn't let anyone hurt her and she was thankful for that. True she could hold her own, but it didn't hurt to have someone like Danny at her side. At the same time, Merlin finished up, then looked at Danny, barking softly to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:55 am

Danny leaned against the kitchen counter, watching Merlin. For some reason he was on edge, every single fibre in his body ready for whatever might come tonight. He was on alert, using all his senses, even though nothing happened, yet. When Merlin barked at him, Danny looked at the dog, smiling just a little bit.
"Be quiet, boy... let your mom sleep." he said softly. "Come, stay with me."

And with that last command, Danny headed out of the kitchen and went back to the living area. He turned off the lights and lie down on the couch, prentending to sleep, but he was in fact awake. However, he would eventually fall into a light slumber about an hour and half later, with nothing significant happening.

Right about that time, Guy made his move. He went up to Nicole's apartment and silently tried to open the door with his lockpicks. However, Merlin's good ears and senses picked up that something was up and he started to growl quietly, causing Danny to wake up immediately. He looked at the dog, a little bit of light from the outside dimly lightening the room.
"What is it, boy?" he asked in a whisper but then heard the faint sound of someone trying to open the door. "Shh." he made to Merlin.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:05 am

Merlin hushed when Danny said that to him, but remained alert, ready to protect his mom. Back in the room, Nicole opened her eyes when Merlin growled, she sensed that something was up. Nicole reached over and got her gun off the night stand, chambering a round at the same time. Nicole shifted a bit in her bed so her eyes were on the door in case anything happened.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:22 am

Danny kept his eyes on the door. Actually he didn't want to wake Nicole, but he knew that she was already awake. He knew how light a sleep she had, especially if she knew something might be off. But right now, Danny was cursing himself for not bringing his gun with him. If this guy had one, he was in a disadvantage. Not that he didn't know how to deal with someone aiming a gun at him, but he couldn't quite do anything, except waiting for the opportune moment to catch him by surprise. And that was what Danny would do.

Very gently and slowly, Guy unlocked the door and then, just as slowly he opened it, quietly slipping in. The way he did it made it obvious that he's done it before. He had practice.
Danny was lying on the couch, hidden from view, but ready to make a move if he got tha chance. He let guy slip past the couch and then got up. However, as he did he brushed the leg of the coffee table with his toe. It hurt like hell and that caused a small noise and Guy to turn around, his hand on the gun, which he now aimed at Danny, while he looked for the light switch, turning it on seconds later.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 am

Upon hearing that, Nicole got up and made her way to the door of her room, gun in hand, Merlin barked at the same time, clearly ready to attack the guy, but he wouldn't unless Nicole said so. Nicole opened the door to her room and drew down on him. "Drop it" she said firmly. "I'm an Australian Army trained marksmen and right now I've got a clear shot at your jugular, make a move on me or anyone else in this apartment I will shoot you and I'm certain it will be ruled that I shot you in self defense." Nicole said in the same firm tone as she stood there. It was clear that she meant what she said.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 am

Guy, standing close to Danny, his gun still aimed at him, his side to Nicole, was thinking fast. He wasn't going to drop his gun and Danny could see it in his face. But he couldn't do anything right now that would help, except to try and get this guy to use his brain and put that gun down. He took a step closer to him, only to realize that that was a big mistake. Guy quickly grabbed his wrist, pulled him close with a strong pull and turned around, using Danny as his shield.

Danny, his back now toward Guy, who was much stronger than he looked like, looked at Nicole. His brown eyes settled on her. On the outside he was calm, but inside... that was a different story. Guy his had his arm around Danny's neck and the gun to his head. He was just a few inches taller than Danny.
"Still going to shoot me?" Guy asked in a tone that clearly showed his predominance.

Danny was angry, but the muzzle of the gun that he felt on his temple was reason enough for him not to try anything. He had better chances if he let Nicole handle this. He would help her eventually, if he could. Right now, the look in his eyes told her to shoot, if she got the chance and not worry about him.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:03 am

Nicole saw the look in Danny's eyes as she stood there, keeping her cool. Nicole's army training had taken over at this time. She noticed that Guy was taller then Danny and took that into account, aiming for the center of Guy's forehead. As she did that, Nicole subtly communicated to Danny that she wasn't worried about him and that she had a shot and would take it once the window was open for her.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:12 am

Danny saw the look in Nicole's eyes. Well, he was worried about himself, mostly because he had a gun to his head and was being used a shield. He had to find a way to get Nicole a clean shot, if this guy wasn't giving up easily. However, Guy wasn't stupid, he noticed that Nicole and Danny were communicating just by exchanging looks. And that made him furious.
He tightened the grip around Danny's neck, making it hard for him to breathe. As uncomfortable as it was, it did bring an idea into his mind.

"Drop that gun, sweetheart, or he'll get hurt." Guy said in a threatening tone.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:26 am

Nicole looked back to Guy when he said that. "You've never met a spirited sheila before have you?.....or a Spanish man" she asked, her voice firm as she spoke. Nicole kept her finger on the trigger of her glock as she said that, noticing that Guy's shooting shoulder was exposed. "You know, the one thing that I was taught in both basic and in infantry training was to what if every part of your plain, but to be adaptable.......two things you have failed to do." she said before pulling the trigger. The 9×19mm Parabellum round, moving at 1,230 feet per second, dumped all its energy into Guy's shoulder, cutting the nerve that would have sent a signal from his brain to the muscle in his trigger finger. Merlin jumped at the sound of the glock going off in the enclosed space.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:46 am

Danny watched Nicole closely. Being cut off air wasn't exactly a nice feeling, but he endured it without ever letting it show. Danny closed his eyes when Nicole spoke to Guy, letting his senses take over for him. He trusted Nicole with his life, knowing that she would do anything she could to keep them safe. There wasn't much Danny could do anyway.

He didn't make a move when the shot rang through the air. When the bullet hit Guy's shoulder, the man cried out in pain. The damaged nerve and the pain caused him to let go of the gun and loosen his grip on Danny, who used his chance to slam his elbows into Guy's waist and freeing himself. Next thing he did was taking a deep breath, letting Nicole take over, while he regained his strength and caught his breath. However, he did pick up Guy's gun from the ground in the process of stepping away from him.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:56 am

Nicole moved in and kept Guy covered. "Move and your dead" she said to him while standing there, aiming for Guy's head as she said that to him. It was clear that Nicole would shot him again if necessary as she watched him. "Blokes like you never get the hint." she added while standing there, keeping her gun aimed at him as she spoke.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:00 am

Danny, still a little out of breath got his cell out and called Will and Ruby who were hunting this guy down. Once Will answered his phone he told him that they caught the rapist and where to find them. Then Danny reached for the back pocket of his pants and got his cuffs out. It was the only thing he still had, since he just got home when Nicole first called him.

He cuffed Guy's hands behind his back, while Nicole kept him covered, still catching his breath. But he was okay. And nobody got hurt, except Guy. Merlin was still nervous though, never having heard a gunshot in his life before. Danny looked over to him.
"Good boy, Merlin." he said gently. "Everything's alright."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:05 am

Nicole went back to her room and secured the gun, the spent shell in her hand as well.  After taking care of that, she walked back over to Danny and Merlin. Merlin looked at Nicole as he stood there, still shaking a bit. Nicole watched him, then got down his his level, setting his kong on the floor. Merlin walked over and picked it up, then walked over to a different part of the room and started to play with the rubber toy. Nicole watched him, then stood up and looked at Danny.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next