Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

2 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Empty Re: Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Nicole was talking with Carla at this time, asking about who she would see at the wake. Nicole listened closely to the older woman as she told her about who she might see to day and how to interact with them. At the same time, she remembered what else Danny had asked her, but she pushed that aside for the moment.

At the same time, Nicole had a feeling that Danny would want to spend some time to himself before the wake so he could gather his thoughts.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole - Page 12 Empty Re: Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Carla told Nicole that she would mostly meet family friends at the wake and maybe some of the town folk they knew, some of their students who had their horses at the stables here now. But they weren't very complicated, so she was going to be fine if she was herself and trusted her instincts.
While talking to Nicole, she glanced over at her grandson, a slightly worried look on her face. Not overly concerned but a little worried.

Not much later, Harry joined them in the kitchen and then it was time for breakfast, which they didn't have in the dining room this morning, but on the back porch, that had a great view at the fields and woods that surrounded the house. On one of the meadows were a couple of horses grazing together and a mare with her foal.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:04 am

Nicole noticed them after saying hello to Harry. She smiled a bit while watching the horses as she sat there. "Lovely horses you have here." she said to Harry and Carla. It was obvious that she loved horses. Nicole made a note to herself to visit them before her and Danny left to head back to Las Vegas. "What kind of horses are they?" she asked while sitting there.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:18 am

"Oh, they don't all belong to us." Carla told Nicole, a smile on her face as she looked out to the horses. Two of them were running around, chasing each other. "They're actuallly different horses. Some of them American Quater Horses and some American Saddlebred. We have two Hanoverian stabled here and Danny's Diamond is the only Mustang around here. He's had four foals during his time here, they all still live here on the farm, but they're not pure breed horses."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:08 am

Nicole nodded in reply when Carla said that to her. "Ace" she said to her, smiling a little. "They are still beautiful" Nicole added while watching her. "I'll have to see them before Danny and I go back to Las Vegas." she added while looking out the window again as she sat there.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:23 am

"You will, Nic... I promised to teach you how to ride before he went here." Danny told her, a small smile on his face. He wished that Nicole already knew how to ride a horse, so he could take her with him after breakfast. But then again, a little time to himself might do him good, too. He just wanted to clear his head before the day officially started.

"I could show you around the stable after breakfast if you want... was planning on going there anyway." Danny then suggested.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:37 am

Nicole looked at Danny when he said that to her and smiled.  "Ace, I would love to join you." she replied.  "Anything I need to know about before we go over?....I've never been on a horse before." Nicole added, the smile still on her face as she said that, it was clear that she was looking forward to this.  Nicole composed herself at the same time.  "This is ace country to ride a horse in." she added after a few seconds.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:52 am

Danny smiled a little, shaking his head. He wasn't exactly used to see her this excited about something, but he liked to see her like that. It took the somber note off this morning. At least for a little while.
"Well... can't teach you today, but maybe tomorrow afternoon, after the funeral." he told her. He wouldn't be much in the mood for teaching today anyway. But tomorrow it might actually take his mind off things. "I'll tell you a bit about it on our way over to the stables."

He wouldn't let Nicole sit on a horse and go for a ride with her before having taught her a few basics. It was too dangerous and irresponsible for him to do that. But he would probably enjoy teaching her tomorrow.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:59 am

Nicole nodded in reply when Danny said that to her. "I understand" she said to him gently. After she finished up, Nicole stood and put her dishes in the sink, then went upstairs to shower. As she did, Nicole thought about the horses that were on the property and the chance to meet them up close. Nicole was giddy about the whole thing and couldn't wait to meet them.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 am

Danny smiled a little, watching Nicole leave and then went to the kitchen and helped his grandma with the dishes. He let his thoughts wander back to the first time he ever rode a horse. He was just ten years old back then and his grandfather taught him everything he knew about horses. It was just one of those memories that included him and they made Danny sad, although they were happy ones.

Carla only needed to look at her grandson to know what he was thinking about. She was sad about her husband being gone, too, but she never imagined that it would get to Daniel like that. She walked up to him and gently put her hand on his cheek, giving him a comforting smile.
"Recuerda los buenos tiempos, Daniel." she said to him. "No te pongas triste, pero celebrar su vida. Él siempre estará contigo."
Danny nodded, giving his grandma a faint smile in reply. He knew what she was trying to tell him, but right now it didn't really help him. But it would, soon. "Yo sé, nana." he replied quietly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Recuerda los buenos tiempos, Daniel." - Remember the happy times, Daniel.
"No te pongas triste, pero celebrar su vida. Él siempre estará contigo." - Don't be sad, but celebrate his life. He'll always be with you.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 am

Nicole soon finished upstairs, coming back down after she got dressed.  She walked over to Danny and stood next to him.  "Everything ace?" she asked, having the feeling that something was different then when she left them.  The concern she had showed on her face.  Nicole looked at Carla, then at Danny, waiting for one of the them to speak up.

Last edited by Nicole Byrne on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:29 am

Danny looked at Nicole, leaning against the kitchen counter and tried a smile, just to indicate that she didn't need to worry. He was going to be okay, it was just getting to him a little more than he thought it would. The next two days were going to be hard for him, he knew that much.
"Yeah." Danny told her, not being fully honest, but not lying either. "Nothing you need to be worried about."

He'd talk about it eventually, but right now, Danny wasn't really feeling like talking about how he was feeling right now. Truth be told... he didn't really know how he felt anyway. Which was why he did plan to go for a ride on one of the horses that belonged to his grandparents. Diamond was too old by now to be ridden, although he loved that horse very much. But he deserved his quiet time until it would be his time to leave.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 am

Nicole watched Danny as he said that to her, knowing that he wasn't being fully honest with her. "Okay" she replied before kissing him. Nicole noticed the look in Danny's eyes as she pulled back after kissing him. She couldn't help but notice that he looked lost. "Danny, you sure you're alright?" she asked, a hint of concern in her voice as she said that to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

He returned the kiss, actually being glad that she did that, but he still couldn't fight that sadness about what was to come the next two days. It was the same feeling he had back home, after his grandmother told him that his grandfather died. Even though he was a grown man now, he still felt sad and it got to him more than he wanted to show. Carla quietly left the kitchen, rejoining her son on the back porch, giving Danny and Nicole some privacy.

Danny sighed, knowing that Nicole knew him well enough to know that he wasn't telling the whole story about how he felt. He didn't want her to worry about it, because he would be fine. Eventually.
"I'm not." he admitted. "But I don't want you to worry about it. I'll be okay..."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Nicole watched Danny as he said that to her. "Danny, I love you, I'm going to worry." she said to him in a gentle tone while watching him. The look on her eyes told more about how she felt at the moment then the words that she used. Nicole took his hand in her's, then lead him outside, knowing that getting outdoors would help him relax.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 pm

"I know..." Danny nodded a little in reply. It was just the same for him, he'd worry about her, too. But actually, given the circumstances of their visit here, it wasn't really something she needed to worry about. He would be okay, but he had a lot on his mind, a lot of memories that this house brought back to him.

He didn't mind her taking him outside, since he wanted to go to the stables anyway to visit his old horse Diamond and maybe go for a quick ride before they would be leaving for the wake.
"I'll be okay... it'll just take some time." Danny said, grabbing his coat on the way out. "Guess it just gets to me more than I expected."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Nicole listened to hm say that. "Danny, a member of your family passed away.....we would be more worried if you didn't feel this way." she said to him honestly. She had felt the same way when her aunt passed away: confused, scared and upset. However, she remembered a chance meeting he had with a priest around that same time. Her mind flashed back to the conversation she had with the older man and how helpful he was to her.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Danny sighed a little, knowing that she was right. He was allowed to feel down and sad. Especially today and even tomorrow. But it was still hard to accept, even now that he was a grown man, but he did have a close relationship to his grandfather once.
"I know..." he said quietly. "It's just hard to accept. This place brings a lot memories... they moved out here when I was 10 and I spent a lot of time here."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 am

Nicole nodded a bit when Danny said that to her. "Danny, don't push yourself to come to terms with what happened, take your time." she said to him gently while standing there with him. "And remember that I'm here for you." Nicole added while watching him, there was a comforting tone to her voice as she said that to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

"I won't, Nic... But you know how I am with feelings around other people." Danny replied calmy, walking over to the stable, the snow making a soft noise under his feet. "And I know I am a lucky guy to have you in my life. I know it's probably not always easy with me..."

The door to the stable was closed now, it was only left open during the summer time. So, once they got there, Danny opened the big sliding door and let Nicole enter first. A few of the horses that were in their stalls, were looking over the doors, some eying the two of them curiously as they entered, but one in particular. He was a black stallion, standing in the third stall to the left. He had a small, diamond-shaped white spot on his forehead and snorted when he saw Danny.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 pm

"I know Danny" Nicole said to him in reply. "But you can't keep it to yourself, it won't end the way you want if you do that." she added, her tone indicating that she had seen that before. Nicole didn't want to see Danny hurt himself or worse.

Nicole watched Danny as he opened the stable, then entered after he did so. "Thank you" she said softly while walking in. She looked at the horse when it snorted at Danny and smiled a little. "Hello" she said to the animal while watching him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 am

"I know... and I do know better than that, too. After twelve years on the force you learn how to cope with some things and if you don't your boss just sends you to see the department shrink." Danny replied, leading Nicole over to his old friend Diamond, smiling a little when he snorted. "Not that anyone likes going there though."

When they reached the horse, Danny's behavior and posture changed, though. While he was confident, he was also gentle and caring as he slowly rubbed the horse's nose with a soft smile coming to his face. "Hello there, old boy." he said softly, in a low tone.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Nicole listened to Danny as he said that to her, watching him rub the horse's nose. "I get what your saying about not enjoying talking to someone you don't know about how you feel, but sometimes you have to in order to understand." she said gently while while standing with him, her eyes on the horse.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:03 am

Danny didn't reply to her last comment. For once, because he wanted to change the subject and because he always had someone to talk to. People always think talking to a relative doesn't help, but it helped him and he had done that all his life if he had something to deal with.

Diamond snorted softly and moved his head, brushing Danny's shoulder and nudged him gently, causing Danny to chuckle a little in reply. "Got someone I want you to meet, old friend." he said to his horse. "See that nice lady here... that's Nicole." And with that he looked at her. "Meet my old friend Diamond."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 am

Nicole smiled when Danny introduced her to Diamond. "G'day Diamond" she said to him in the typical Aussie style. "Your a handsome bloke" she added, smiling a little as she watched the horse look at her. Nicole slowly held out her hand to the horse as she stood there, letting him sniff her hand. Nicole looked Diamond in the eye as she held her hand out to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next