Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Empty The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone

Post by Alex Walker Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 am

Alex hadn't been getting on real well recently. His past had been haunting him more and more often; it was at every corner of his life, nights, general day-to-day, and even work. So here he was, ironically at the bar. The last place he'd ever expect to be. Correction, he'd played his guitar at many a bar, but he'd never been one for drinking. Now, though, he had a beer in front of him, the soft and sad music adding to his memories of an abusive childhood. He frowned slightly, taking another drink from the glass as he tried his best to toss away his past. It had only been getting harder the longer he pushed on through his life. He closed his eyes as he looked down at the bar in front of him, still struggling with the memories. He was also trying to talk himself out of the bar and back to his truck across the street, a black Chevy Tahoe.

Alex, what in the freakin' world are you doing here?!? Why do you do this-you know your supervisor would seriously frown upon this!his mind was racing, trying to talk him out of this situation he'd unwillingly got himself stuck in. On the other part of his thinking though, was what he really needed to do, You don't need to be here, you don't need to be drinking, what you really need to do is find someone to talk to. He'd never thought or wanted to tell someone, but now, as he sat staring in to the depths of his glass, he knew that's what he really needed to do now and has been needing to do for a rather long time.
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone Empty Re: The Past Is My Enemy || Anyone

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 am

Lea had been through her third cocktail mix already. It wasn't like old problem was coming back but more like occasional longing to return to her old life.
But no, she had started it on the clean and for the sake of her future must try to conquer any old longings.

Then she noticed a man she'd spotted somewhere before, just couldn't ransack her brain enough to recall where. He seemed troubled and from the looks of it sad too.

"Past or present?" Leandra casually asked as she sat next to Alex. There were usually three main things that bothered society nowadays- past, present or future. Hers used to be past which changed to future once she was made to sort out present. Now she worried only about present and what food to cook for her brother and the rest of the lab techs.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:29 am

Alex looked up at the new voice that broke in to his thoughts. He sighed, "Past, unfortunately."he admitted. He frowned as he looked back down to what alcohol remained in the glass and finished it off. His frown grew a little more noticeable as he set the glass back down on the table. "I wouldn't usually do this, but my past has caught up with me and I didn't know what else to turn to." He finally looked back over at the girl that had taken up the challenge of a conversation with him. He used 'challenge' because he had had a touchy subject on his mind. Now that he was proposed with conversation, it came out a little easier than he would've ever expected. "To be completely honest and specific,"he started with a slight shrug as he accepted a second round of beer from the bartender, "It's my childhood past that's haunting me."
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 am

Lea gave the man a knowing smile. "You'd be surprised how many people have this very same problem." she said with nod. "I'm indeed very familiar with it myself. And not just me." Leandra left it open.
Her eyes wondered over to the bartender she thought was familiar to her and gave a nod. Blonde really felt like a bit of drink won't hurt her following day.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:01 am

Alex allowed himself a slight smile that lacked most of its humor. "I lived with my guitar teacher a lot of my childhood. Especially after I ran."he said. "Fridays and Saturdays were my escape from my parents before I left. Then, afterwards, I never looked back. Figured it was in my best interest to leave the past with my parents behind."he said with a quiet sigh.
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Lea nodded. "Oh these parents." she received her drink, some cocktail that was usually within her likes. "Sounds like you had nice time with that teacher. I wish we had more bohemian fellows to hang around with." Lea said. "Although I got my share of boheme after leaving home. Sadly my brother had to suffer." blonde gulped mouthful of her drink as the memories of the tough years came back.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Alex looked over at the girl, "I'm sorry to hear that." He sighed before he went on, "And yes, Jerry was a good guy, and a great player as well. He's really the only one that knows the entire story of why I ran and all. He knew about the fights and how my dad would sometimes take out his anger on me and my mom. Mom knew I didn't care for coming home after school like the other kids, that's probably why she never went looking for me after I was gone." He looked back down to the second round in his hands, shrugging as he took another drink from it. "In all honesty, I sometimes wonder if mom ever made it out of there in time like I did. Because she wasn't a bad person and I'm not going to say she was. It was dad that made her in to the depressed and scared woman I knew as a kid."
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

"It's okay. Our parents separated and it wasn't all bad. Well, aside the accident and me turning to parties. I had to witness all the suffering and not being quite capable of dealing with it." Lea explained. Tragedy had totally turned her life upside down taking all her childhood. But hospital hadn't been the worst playground. Neither the best. "We used to take lizards from zoo and let them live in ranch. Dan had to start interacting and they were great. We still let them wander lab while big boss's not looking." girl laughed at that. Only some knew about that.
She took another pull from her glass. "Sounds familiar. One of my friends at rehab has basically the same story. She'd run and turned to drugs. Then got some job at bar and after getting some buck took her little sister. Mother gave up and ended her life before her husband could." Leandra sighed deeply. "I hope yours got away. Sounds like a good person."
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Alex smiled slightly about what she said about the lizards. He shook his head and shrugged when she said about his mother, "She was, she wanted the best for me despite what some think of her." He sighed, "I don't know if I'll ever know if she got away, work at the lab keeps me busy and I lost her number years ago."
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:53 am

"I can understand that. It's pretty common situation. I'm sorry for your mother." Lea said. Although her problems rooted differently she greatly understood Alex. Then an idea struck her. "Hey, how about trying to trace her? My brother, Daniel, works at LVPD Crime Lab. Partially with computers, partially on field, well as much as his health allows anyways. He may help you. You know there must be some trace of her after you left, like social number, credit cards. Maybe through your father's accounts if they were together for a while." girl felt like bouncing. When inspiration hits Lea rarely can stay still. Some of her ideas might be possible only on tv but she'd seen enough of her brother's skills and worked on plenty of cases steering purely on her imagination.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 am

Alex looked over at Lea, he caught himself smiling, that was a pretty good idea. "That might just work!"he replied. He was nodding, pretty much without a reason, but it was what he did when he was thinking and his mind was putting it all together. "And everyone in the United States has a Social Security number, plus I might be able to give a name."he said. "That's a great idea!"
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Leandra beamed. It felt so good to help someone.
"And there's always a way to sneak into some records of a data base which holds information about any registered citizen in the US." girl added excitedly. It seemed that hours of lab work and sneaking around brother's work station has helped. She decided to tell Griss it's paying off to have her around and basically snorting into Ecklie's face.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:54 am

Alex nodded, "One way or another, I'm sure there is."he agreed. He glanced to the time on his watch, "I'll see if I can't catch up with him tomorrow before or after shift."he said as he saw the time. He looked over at the girl, "Thanks,...I didn't catch your name...Mine's Alex, Alex Walker."
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Lea smiled.
"Sure." blonde said.
"Leandra, Leandra Holden -Star, Daniel Holden's baby sister. " girl offered, "Nice to meet you Alex. "
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Alex smiled, "Nice to meet you as well, Leandra."he replied.
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Lea smiled warmingly. "So, you're from the lab too? " girl asked, taking a sip from her glass.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 am

Alex smiled and nodded, "Yes, I used to work in Chicago before I moved here,"he said. "I'm working on CSI Level Three here, worked as a detective in Chicago, but I started here as CSI Level Two, mostly due to the fact I had experience already, but they wanted to see my work first."Alex shrugged, "Fine with me, I'll work anywhere as long as I work CSI."
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Lea sipped her drink as she listened.
"Well, I'm actually a student. Doing some modelling in between lectures. One day came the offer to do extra hours at Crime Lab and I didn't have to think twice. Of course nothing major at first since I'm still studying and lack all the big knowledge, but I started as a crime scene cleaner as a side job and practice." Leandra explained her presence at lab.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Alex nodded, "The experience is always nice."he said. "You like what you do?"he asked, looking over at Lea.
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 pm

"I can agree to that." Lea nodded.
"For most of the part. yes, I like. But there's always moments that I catch myself wishing to do something else, less dangerous, or not related to gory stuff." blonde sighed. "I still get haunted by what happened to my brother and I know he could've gotten worse. Those days I wish we hadn't taken horses."
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Sun May 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Alex nodded despite the fact he was a little confused. "My mother used to like horses. Whenever it was just me and her she would tell me stories about a little bay gelding she used to have before she sold him so she could keep him away from what we went through-the abuse."he sighed and looked over at her, "I don't mean to be nosey or anything, but what did happen to your brother?"
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Mon May 06, 2013 11:27 pm

"Away that's sad. We once had a horse like that-family had to sold it because they had a crisis and didn't want it to suffer." Lea told. She could understand.
"Oh it's fine. We're used to people asking. Besides it's part of therapy." blonde smiled. "We lived back in NYC and our relatives owned a horse ranch in upstate. Dan was little but it was impossible to get him off the horse's back. But one day they got too close to the dangerous roadside and fell just as a truck passed, so they collided. Horse died but my brother got injured nearly lethal. It took years for him to recover to the condition he's now-not completely okay, but passable."
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Mon May 13, 2013 2:10 am

Alex nodded, "I'm sorry to hear that. Horses and trucks don't get along that well anywhere."he said. "My mother's gelding was named Two Step, but she said they always called him Stepper. He was a gaited horse, a Saddlebred if I remember correctly."he said, smiling slightly. He pulled his touch screen phone out and quickly went through his pictures, "Ah!"he said after a moment, smiling, "I kept a picture of him that my mother sent to my phone. She took it so she could always remember him even after she sold him."he said, showing Leandra the picture on his phone.
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandra Holden-Star Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 am

Lea smiled fondly. "Oh, he's so beautiful." she said looking at the picture. "Vinyl looked just like Stepper. It was my first Saddlebred, very tempted mare, when didn't like the apples Dan tried to feed her wasn't appealing enough." blonde giggled.
Leandra Holden-Star
Leandra Holden-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Walker Tue May 14, 2013 3:01 am

Alex smiled and laughed a little at what Lea said about Vinyl. "I remember my mother always told me that if there was anything I could ever do for her, it would be to try and find a horse like Stepper when I was older. I honestly held out on that."he said, smiling a little more. "I've been looking around and saving up a little from each pay check to try and find me a horse like Stepper. My mother's tales about her experiences with horses kept me going through the week. She even snuck me out and got me riding when she could. I learned to ride on a short little Quarter Horse named Buck."He smirked at the memory, "He was definitely a handful."
Alex Walker
Alex Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum